Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News & Media > Sport > Ella Beere (2016) representing Australia at the 2024 Paris Olympics

Ella Beere (2016) representing Australia at the 2024 Paris Olympics

Ella Beere, our 2016 Sport Captain, has sent us the exciting news that she has been selected to represent Australia at the 2024 Paris Olympics as one of the canoe sprint paddlers.
25 Mar 2024
Australia
Sport
Kayaking image courtesy of Paddle Australia.
Kayaking image courtesy of Paddle Australia.

Ella will be the front seat paddler; the driver of the team’s boat; in the K4 Sprint Kayaking event. She said she feels honoured to have this position and that “together with my team, we are thrilled to be given the opportunity to race on the world’s biggest stage in August.” 

Ella honed her skills as part of the MLC School rowing team where she exemplified the spirit of athleticism and sportsmanship. Her journey from the rivers of Sydney to the grand stage of the 2024 Paris Olympic Games serves as an inspiration to all aspiring athletes at MLC School.

In her final year at MLC School, our Sport Captain Ella, was also:

• awarded Speech Night Prizes for: PDHPE (aeq), Senior Athletics Champion, and HSC Distinguished Achiever 
  • a member of the FED Debating team
  • the MLC School Senior Swimming Runner Up
  • 2nd in the 18-19 Years Long Jump at the IGSSA Athletics championships – went on to represent IGSSA at the NSWCIS Secondary Carnival
  • part of swimming team for IGSSA Swimming Championships and the highly competitive CIS and All Schools Swimming events

Outside of her high-level athletic endeavours, Ella also aspires to become a psychologist. With an undergraduate psychology degree already in hand (Macquarie University), she aims to pursue honours soon. Her interest with psychology stems from navigating the mental challenges she experiences as a professional female athlete competing in a high-performance sport, as well as her passion for self-growth and her desire to help others.

In her message to MLC School, Ella expressed gratitude for the support the School provided that allowed her to completing her HSC while competing at an elite level:

“MLC school has been a big part of my journey as a paddler. I took up the sport in Year 10 and my teachers and peers empowered me to be able to race at Junior Worlds in my final two years of school* and also complete my HSC. Thank you for everything you have done in helping me get to where I am today.

“I studied French at MLC School from Years 7 to 10 and now I get to compete in Paris. It is a dream come true.”

At the end of 2012, all Year 7 students were asked to name their top Personal Goal. Ella responded with: “I want to compete and have success in sport at a high level.” Through determination and dedication, Ella has achieved her goal.

The entire MLC School community extends its heartfelt congratulations to Ella on this remarkable accomplishment. We are proud of her outstanding achievement and wish her the very best as she embarks on this monumental journey to represent Australia at the Paris Olympics this year.

• Footnote:

7th (K1 200) at the 2015 Junior World Championships in Montemor, Portugal

4th (K1 200) at the 2016 Junior World Championships in Minsk, Belarus

Share your news

This website is powered by
ToucanTech