Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News & Media > Vale > Vale, Neva Malek (Parsons, 1960)

Vale, Neva Malek (Parsons, 1960)

23 Feb 2024
Vale

Kerri Levison (Bunyan, 1963) has written with the sad news that Neva Malek (Parsons, 1960) died last week on 16 February 2024.

Neva was a Boarder at MLC School and was the Head House Prefect in her final year. She was also a Senior Prefect and the Captain of the Hockey Team.

Neva’s memorial service will be held next Wednesday 28 February at 10:15am at Northridge Vineyard Church, 6 Chilvers Rd, Thornleigh. Everyone has been asked to dress in light and bright colours.

For those unable to attend, the service will be live streamed.

In the process of organising her mother’s funeral, Neva’s daughter said that they are just now realising how many lives Neva touched. They would love to include some personal stories in Neva’s service. If there is something about Neva that you would like to share, please email the MLC School Archivist, Barbara Hoffman. Barbara will forward the reminiscences on to Neva’s family.

From Heather McGuinn (Wright, 1960)

I met Neva in 1956 when we started the first year of High School in the same class at MLC School. We traveled the same scholastic path until completing our Leaving Certificate in 1960. Neva was a diligent student, and was elected to be a Prefect and the Head House Prefect; she was greatly admired and respected by her peers and staff.

She was a Boarder and I was a Day Girl living in Croydon. On some of her free weekends she stayed at our place and fitted in very easily. We shared a bedroom and chatted well into the night with lots of muffled giggles. Neva was full of fun and enjoyed life.

In later years we went our separate ways with careers and families but still kept in touch with cards, etc .Neva was always the same kind hearted, reliable friend who had others’ best interests at heart. She will always have a special place in my heart. RIP Neva.

Share your news

This website is powered by
ToucanTech